How to know if my device is up to date?
The numbers displayed when you start your device is the number of the last update, not the date of the day when you performed an update for the last time, e.g...
- 28th August = 2808
- 3rd September = 0309
- 28th August 2009 = 28/08/09
- 3rd September 2009 = 03/09/09
How to update my device?
To make sure your product is up to date, please check points 3 to 7 of the Installation Guides
I have the alert on the screen but no sound
- Is the Smart Mute activated? Please turn it off if you want to get sound alert at any speed.
- Check the alert sound setting is not on mute.
No alert on school zone
- Make sure you have setup correctly the GMT of your device
- School zone alerts are only from 07:30 to 09:30AM and 02:30 to 04:00PM
Saving a POI and reading the GPS coordinates (on the G200/G220)
To save a POI, simply press the "SAVE" button when you pass the desired location. Refer to your user manual on how to record a POI.
To read the GPS coordinates of the location:
- Connect your device to your PC
- Launch the AlerteGPS software
- Go to the POI tab and press view
All the POI you have recorded will appear sorted by date and time you recorded them.
How to report a new speed camera location or a danger zone?
To report a new speed camera / danger zone location:
- Select the POI you want to report on POI tab
- Click on Mapview/Upload button.
- A webpage will appear, you just have to follow the three steps to report a camera location to our database team.
click to view demo
My cigarette lighter plug doesn't seem to fit into the 12V cigarette socket in my car?
The cigarette lighter plug is designed to have a tight fit into the cigarette lighter socket in your car. You may need to push in the cigarette lighter plug firmer into the cars lighter socket the first time you plug it in. If you're still having problems, squeeze in the silver contacts on either end of the plug and try again.
No satellite connection or warnings are emitted too late
Those issues are generally caused by an athermic windscreen. If you can see black stripes on the top of the windscreen, in the center, then it's an athermic one.
My device has a bug
Whatever the problem is, before returning the product to us, please follow these easy steps:
- Launch the PC Software
- Go to Reset tab, and follow the instructions
- Once the reset is done, disconnect the unit from the computer and connect it again
- Go to Update tab, click on download if one or more orange square appears
- If you still have a problem, please find your local dealer or contact our support